I’ve been able to give the beta of the Weasyl site a good looking-over, and there have been a few folks who’ve asked me to give my impressions and opinion of the site overall. So here goes.
Weasyl is a very well-designed and well thought-out site. Its coding and design are excellent, and its…
Hi! I ended up stumbling over your post. I just wanted to let you know that under our Community Guidelines, users are allowed to upload art made for them, we just merely want them to ask the artist first. Of course, since invites are still not enabled until the 26th, you can’t invite an artist who isn’t on there already.
There have been a number of concerns expressed about collections, which is understandable, since this is a brand new concept that hasn’t been tried before. And as such, it would be pretty foolish to require the use of it at this point. In order to address some of the issues users have brought up, this is what’s been figured out so far that we’re adding.
- Being able to send the artist a collection request instead of the other way around.
- Adding a description to the collection (although the artist should be able to set whether they want to allow the user to add descriptions underneath theirs).
These need to be discussed, but if possible, would be very helpful in strengthening the system:
- Once a submission is in one’s collections, they will get updates about new comments.
- Folders for collections.
- Possibly having it so when a submission goes into someone’s collections, it appears on the front page again.
Aside from all that, we really appreciate the positive response, and if you have any other feedback you want to give, by all means, please do. c:
3 Notes/ Hide
- okinekosan likes this
- cashewlou reblogged this from wait-wait-fixate and added:
- wait-wait-fixate reblogged this from cashewlou and added:
- cashewlou posted this